- 10 large wild garlic leaves, plus wild garlic flowers for garnish
- 1 (150g) Innes button goat’s cheese round (or any other rinded goat’s cheese round)
- 2 sticks of forced rhubarb
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- sea salt and black pepper
- toast, to serve
Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Place the wild garlic leaves in a shallow bowl, then pour over boiling water. Stand for 1 min, then drain. Put the goat’s cheese round on a flat oven tray, then wrap the cheese from bottom to top with the limp leaves, covering the white completely by overlapping the leaves. Season with black pepper. Bake for 12 mins.
In the meantime, thinly slice or use a vegetable peeler or a spiralizer to slice the rhubarb into a bowl. Stir in the vinegar, honey and a pinch of sea salt. Leave to stand, then add in the wild garlic flowers.
Serve the rhubarb salsa with the cheese and toast between two as a lunch or four as a starter.